martedì 10 maggio 2016

SCRUFFY'S SCROUNGERS demotape


Hardcore punk band from Milano, mid '90s (I think it was recorded in 1995 or 1996).
Funny band in the vein of early Washington DC bands with the addiction of some flavoured NoFx riffing (don't forget it was the 90's..aaaaaaaah!).

I've got a personal story to tell about them.

I remember i was at this guy's birthday party in Cassina de Pecchi (a village close to Milano).
 I even remember his name, Marco Manera (It has been the first and last time I saw him).

I had just broke with my girlfriend, so a couple of friends took me to this place to have fun, drink some booze and try to fix my broken heart :D.
I remember that the house was packed with teenagers playing loud music, spitting and spilling beer from the terrace; a guy was ripping the phone cable from the wall just to hang people while doing the pogo dance on Sex Pistol's tunes (oh, jesus...).
Another bunch of them was in the living room watching "A clockwork orange" on vhs.
All of a sudden, someone rang the door and here we got those three punx/nerds, who looked like a cross between Ian MacKaye and the guys in "revenge of the nerds" movie, carrying a drumkit, a bass amp, a guitar amp and all the rest. They set up in the small living room (we were not in a backyard, it was the fifth floor of a huge building) and started playing this incredible fast music i got instantly mad for.
At the time i was still a metalhead with a passing phase for grunge band (hey, it was the 90's...again :D ) so i totally embraced that sound. How?
I started jumping on the two sofas placed one in front of the other like a mad! They stopped playing and the singer/bass player Simone told the others "look at that weirdo. he jumps like a PULCE (flea)!"
That's how i got my nickname. Good memories.
Enjoy and have fun.

Pulce

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento