sabato 8 agosto 2009

LOBOTOMIA s/t 1st LP (1986)


I've seen this band playing in Oslo less than 1 month ago.
Previously, I did hear of them but never checked out...not only this band fuckin' RIPS live, they are even fuckin' good on record, and last but not least they are very cool people!
This is a very very tight mix of speed thrash and hardcore, furious and in a traditional brazilo way. The singer is a madman and very theatrical, a pure force of the nature. Jumping, singing, screaming, acting, SWEATING A LOT!!! I have had the pleasure to catch them 2 times, one is the aforementioned in Norway and the other one in Finland at Puntala Rock fest, on the main stage. So i can assure you that there's no difference if the place is small (Fun House in Olso) or huge, they are gonna kick your ass with some very fast old school speed thrash/core.
Some riffs remind me of early Slayer, some other stuff is more in the traditional brazilo hc way (Armagedom anyone?).
This is one of those bands that I will take so much inspiration from; especially their drummer Grego left me with an open mouth and speechless...a fully tornado of thrash metal beats!
I can only compare him to another mad man behind the skins (and take a note - another cool brazilian too)... BOKA from the legendary RATOS DE PORAO.
This band exists since mid 80's, they got 3 lp's out in 20+ years of playing (I am not sure but i think they split up at a certain point and then reformed) but the energy is still here.
I'm not going to upload the latest album because I want you to contact them and buy it straight from the band.
What a hell of a band, goddam!

DOWNLOAD

1 commento:

  1. This is one of those bands that I will take so much inspiration from; especially their drummer Grego left me with an open mouth and speechless...a fully tornado of thrash metal beats!

    RispondiElimina